International sea transport occupies a significant role in the system of moving and delivering goods. It is the main and often the only viable method of delivering goods and cargo intercontinental/ internationally.
Advantages of container shipping:
- Versatility – all types of cargo are delivered via sea transportation, regardless of characteristics, weight and overall dimensions.
- Profitability – shipping is the most economical way of transporting goods over long distances
- The ability to monitor and track cargo along its route
- High level of safety and security of goods.
Transportation of goods by sea consists of the following main stages:
- conclusion of an agreement and preparation of all necessary transport documents;
- container feeding, loading operations;
- container transportation to the selected seaport;
- delivery of a container with cargo from the port of departure to the port of destination;
- customs clearance of the delivered cargo at the customs terminal;
- container unloading or its delivery to the recipient’s warehouse.
ALLEGRO Logistics provides a full cycle of sea delivery service including but not restricted to:
- selection of the optimal scheme and preparation of a profitable cargo delivery route;
- door-to-door delivery from Europe and Southeast Asia;
- monitoring the timing of the supply of transport and transhipment of goods;
- customs clearance at the ports of St. Petersburg, Novorossiysk and Vladivostok;
- groupage cargo (LCL);
- Ro-Ro service (oversized transportation);
- cargo insurance;
- port forwarding;
- export of cargo from the port.
We provide containers for various types of cargo:
- standard 20’, 40’, 45’ containers and containers of increased cubic capacity (High Cube & Pallet Wide);
- 20’ and 40’ Open Top containers for transporting goods with oversized height;
- 20’ and 40’ Flat Rack containers for oversized cargo
- 20’ and 40’ container refs for transportation of goods requiring temperature conditions